After suffering two miscarriages in less that a year due to something the doctor called a blighted ovum . We were hesitant to try and get pregnant again, for fear that it would happen again and I would be the one that was struck by lightening three times. We had decided with the doctor that we would wait until we had a third miscarriage, before pursuing genetic testing.
On the ninth October, I found out I was pregnant again. I was definitely nervous, but also pretty excited. I kept hoping for a healthy baby this time, and tried to keep a positive attitude. Things were going well, then October 28th happened. I was lucky that Chase was sick that day and home from work. I stood up to go get in the shower and started to hemorrhage. I thought I was maybe just miscarrying again, so I called the doctors office in a panic. They immediately got me in for an ultrasound, and we were able to see that there was a baby and that there was a heart beat. Neither of which were there for either of our first two pregnancies. We were sent home, and I was put on total bed rest. I had to stay down every day all day for a week. We went back into the doctors office a few days later, and I was told to stay down still. It was hard to stay down, but I had to keep reminding myself that was what I had to do to keep the baby growing and healthy.
On December tenth my water broke, I was only 14 weeks 4 days along. We headed into the doctors office the next day to find out what was going on. The doctor had no clue why this would happen, and had never had it happen to one of his patients (he's been in practice for 15 years). He sent us home with basically no hope, because he didn't know what else to do. I met with him once a week, so they could watch the fluid levels, and growth of the baby. That went on for a few weeks, and since the baby was growing fine, and I wasn't getting an infection. Things started to look up.
We met with a high risk specialist on January 4th, she seemed very optimistic. I think she was expecting to see no fluid around the baby. The baby has about 4cm of fluid around him. The doctors don't know how much fluid is really needed, so as of now what I have seems fine. They weren't able to check everything they wanted because the baby was being stubborn (no clue where he gets that from).
We'll head back next week to see the specialist, they will hopefully be able to check the heart and lungs. If things look fine then, I think it will be 3 more weeks before we go back. At that point I'll be 24 weeks along. I will be checked into the hospital at that point, so they can monitor me every day, and start giving me steroids to develop the babies lungs. I'll stay in the hospital until the baby is born, and the doctor has also told us that there is no way that I'll make it full term, but they'll get me as far as they can.
We've definitely seen miracles with this pregnancy, with the sac just magically resealing itself and me not getting any sort of infection. I'm so grateful to all our family who have been praying for us, and also to any of you that have been praying for us also.