Friday, February 19, 2010

The day he proposed

Five years ago today, my best friend asked me to marry him. He had my sister Brena help him plan a fun scavenger hunt for me around the house. He had wanted to do it at places around the valley that we had memories, but I was sick in bed with the flu (thanks to my nephew who had the flu,and his mom didn't tell me till after I had shared my yogurt with him.). I truthfully didn't know Chase was going to propose, it was just a few days after Valentines day and he'd already gotten me a really nice diamond band (now part of my wedding ring).

Brena came over that morning, and brought me a little note. On the outside it said To: Kim From: Chase and on the inside said "Follow each clue to find the next. It should be simple just read the text." I was give the first clue and sent on my way, while my parents and Brena and Jered just sat in the front room smiling away. I ran up and down the stairs a few times, but it was all worth it.

The Clues and where they were:

1 Go to the place where we first met; Not in person, but on the Net. (Of course on the computer, yes we met on an LDS dating site)

2 To get your next clue, don't wait until spring. You will find it outside just look by the swing. (Outside on the swing set)

3 Going outside you've gotten all wet. Finding a dryer would be your best bet. (Inside the dryer of course)

4 Now off to the basement, don't move too slow. Not to your room, but the place where you "go"! (the bathroom in the basement)

5 Since they are dirty, you must wash your hands. Oh no, not here, but where a knife and fork lands. (the kitchen sink)

6 Look up, look down, look all around. Pick up the shoes that are on the ground. (Under the table by the front door, always used to be a huge pile of shoes)

7 Your mother and father sleep here each night. Just lie on their bed and look up at the light. (On my parents ceiling)

8 It once was a bedroom, but now it's much more. I think it's and office, but I'm really not sure. (My dads office in the basement, that is now our tv room)

9 Ironing and sewing are things you do here. If you choose the right place, your next clue will be near. (My moms sewing room, which is now my dads office)

10 Once more down the stairs you must go in a hurry. The clue's in your room, not the garage, so don't worry. (My bedroom)

When I got to my room after the final clue, there was Chase with another note.


Which he had me read, then he got down on one knee and asked me to be his wife. Of course my answer was YES! I was on cloud nine the rest of the day. I may have also been doped up on meds, but we won't discuss that. I don't remember much more, besides eating lunch at Chuck-a-rama with my family, which not a good choice when you have the flu.

Chase and I a few hours after getting engaged.

1 comment:

Leake's said...

Love it! Thanks for sharing! You two are soooo cute!