Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Washing the keyboard

I don't usually allow myself to have drinks near the computer, because I know I 'm a clutz, and will probably spill. Yesterday was the day to prove myself right. For some reason I had my water bottle all the way full and sitting on the desk, but didn't realize the lid was only sitting on the top and not screwed on. I decided to have a drink, and grabbed the bottle by the lid, big mistake. Next thing I know my shirt is wet half way up, my keyboard is full of water and the top of my desk has things floating on it. Nice work I think to myself, but start to laugh inside. I run and grab a towel and try to salvage what isn't ruined already. Guess I wasnt' quick enough to save the keyboard. It worked just fine for a little while, but then the space bar went out. Next thing I know every key is typing 2 letters. For example SwAzVfEr Meaning Save. I was able to go to the store later last night and get myself a new keyboard, It's ok, but it's defanantly not what I'm used to.
So today I say RIP good friend, hopefully someday I'll have another keyboard as good as you. And everyone remember that washing your keyboard with water doesn't work, please don't try this at home. :)

3 comments:

Brena and Jered said...

Yep you're a clutz. I do think our family has issues with water though. I believe I told you about overflowing the sink upstairs? Well it overflowed so much it came through the heat vent into the basement...

elaine said...

we spilled an entire bottle of Maya's medicine cuz someone (Josh) didn't screw the lid on... :)

Christiansen's said...

That's pretty funny, that is something I would probably do.