Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The last week

Chase was editing some music, and Gus decided it was the perfect time to lay with daddy to help him out. Usually he will lay in the crack next to you, not today! He wanted to lay right on top of Chases arm. Chase was annoyed and I had to make him sit still long enough for me to take the picture.
I got a sewing machine. I just happened to mention to my mom that I would like to get one eventually, so if she saw a good deal to let me know. She was talking to someone that works at the temple with her, and the lady said "do you know anyone that wants a sewing machine?" Mom proceeded to ask why, the lady explained that she had a sewing machine and table that she was wanting to sell. She had only used the machine once and decided she didn't want to be a seamstress. Mom asked how much and it was only $150, even without asking me mom said we would take it. I'm so excited to have it, and even more excited that it didn't cost me a ton, it's so nice, and is getting lots of use these days. :) Here are a few things I've been using the sewing machine on.
Crayon rolls, more of these to come.
Making hooded towels, I still have a lot of work on these. They are having a boutique at Chases sister Kelsey's work on the 30th of April, so I'm working on getting a bunch of stuff ready to sell there. I've made over 60 hair bows this week too. Whatever doesn't sell at the boutique will be listed on my Etsy store.

Hanging out with this cool dude!

And freezing. Burrrrr....
We are staying at Brena and Jereds this week while they are in Florida on vacation. Yesterday the brand new furnace decided to freak out, and blow freezing cold air. I call Brena in a semi-panic. She tells me to call the company that installed the furnace, and have them come and fix it. They came out a few hours later and reset the furnace, showed me how to reset it if I needed, and left. The house warmed up, and Chase and I thought nothing more. At about 10 p.m. last night it was freezing again, so I reset the furnace, and it warmed up again. I woke up this morning to this temperature on the thermostat, and cold air blowing out of the vents. Jered called the company again, and they just came out. Hopefully the furnace quits freaking out, because I feel bad bugging them on their vacation.

1 comment:

Brena and Jered said...

What a busy girl you were while we were gone. Who is the cool dud in the shades??!! Sorry about the heat, or lack thereof!! I think the furnace thought it was going to play a funny trick on us, but failed to notice that it wasn't us at home. I guess it thinks we look alike too. Don't feel too bad about calling us on vacation. I'm glad you did so we could help out. It would have been super duper cold here if it hadn't been fixed...again and again...besides when you called we were on our way home from the beach (one of the two days that is was sunny) so we were in a pretty good mood. Thanks for looking after things for us. It's a little more relaxing on vacation knowing that your home is safe. We owe you guys a nice WARM dinner! MWAAAAA!